Monday, May 24, 2010

I wanna be a field day for the Sundays so they can fuck up my life

Wire - Pink Flag
Rating: 4.75/5.00

where 5 is an indie album with naked people kissing on the cover!!



Another punk record. But this time its the famous first album by Wire...something that everyone gets to after listening to Ramones and the Clash...no maybe not everyone, I got to do this pretty late and hence the 4.75 and not the 5 - it would definitely have been a 5 if I had listened to it when I was 27. Infact, come to think of it - Is London Calling a 5? Is Rocket to Russia a 5? Is Death by Television a 5? No, Yes, Yes. London Calling is too pretentious so its a 4.9...

Hee hee haw haw haw haw haw....Ambulances appear...take him away...this man is rating mad.

Rating not raving..did you get that? Man, do I have a sense of humor? Ain't me fantastic my good sir?

This is an awesomely awesomed awesomeness...the lyrics are fantastically good for the first few songs and then they become great again from song no. 16 onwards and in between it gets a tad boring but because everything is 2 minutes long you can almost manage a small dream during the songs you don't fancy that much.

Perhaps I didn't understand it but please please tell me what's so overwhelming about Interpol's Turn on the Bright Lights. I mean its nice and all and hey RingO, have a banana for all I care but why are people going gaga over this shit....someone else can replicate this in a minute.

Allmusic Link to the Pink Flag review to find out more about how you can write sentences that start with "Perhaps"

Also, visit the Wire website - www.pinkflag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment