Sunday, October 23, 2011

I don't want to change but I don't want to stay the same

Kurt Vile - Smoke Rings for My Halo (2011)

Rating 4.5/5.0
Where 5.0 is the the cassette that I bought from Chennai after an aborted Vipassana course (which is saying a lot!)

Nowadays I'm a bit uneasy - I'm not happy with where I am now although where I am is not a bad place at all - now that's a good kind of uneasiness...the best one can have :)

Kurt Vile has been very supportive of this state of mine and his "I see a line of cars I want to paint them black" approach to songwriting combined with "no matter how sad I am I'll compose a wonderfully flowing river of a song and play my guitar like a smart mad man" is sort of resonating well with the "I'm so full of myself, I can't see anything else" me.

Here he is describing my current state of mind without even knowing of my existence...


I wanna change but I don't wanna stay the same
I wanna go but I'm running
I wanna work but I don't wanna sit around
All day frowning

I wanna give up but I kinda wanna lie down
But not sleep, just rest
Give me a break, how much does it really take
Get my head out of here



Aren't writers just amazing at touching lives!

Download

Allmusic Link here

No comments:

Post a Comment