Thursday, December 22, 2011

how can you name a band Peter Bjorn and John?

Peter Bjorn and John - Writer's Block (2006)

No ratings ever again. I end up giving everything a 4.0. No point really. 

Rating 4.0/5.0
Where 5.0 is my favorite My Morning Jacket album because its the only album by the band I've listened to

I tried my best not to review music because everything I heard sounded kind of same to me...same old guitar and drums, playing fast, playing slow, someone trying to be melancholic, deeply sad or overtly joyful. What's the difference? Then I came across Writer's Block which is exactly this - a band which tries to be melancholic, sad and joyful in the same song (!!) and even then they succeed in avoiding being stereotyped by doing childishly simple things like whistling...yes they whistle and then they whistle some more; and they believe in tunes and conventional stuff like that while everyone else is into sound sampling and they're predictable in their lyrics too...they talk about ending it, starting it, loving each other - the usual crap and maybe some of it I misheard because I wanted to. Peter Bjorn and John are smart people who act like average joes to avoid detection..they seem to be very keen on making me like them and so I did and I do. This is the only album I've been listening to for the last three weeks or so.

Watch this Objects of my Affection video to learn how to strum guitars

Allmusic link here

Download it here

No comments:

Post a Comment